Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Zippity Do-o-o Dah!!!




It is I
... clinging for dear life and sailing along Fremont St. waaaay above the cheering crowd.
Steven & I finally found the 'launching pad' ...after walking the length of 3 or 4 football fields... and rode the elevator up 5 stories. My first thought, as they were strapping me into the harness was: "why is this harness so small and flimsy"? Second thought: "I knew I should have gone to the restroom first".

Then we climbed the stairs to the launch pad where we were hooked up to this (hopefully very strong) cable, and after a few words of instructions which I couldn't hear because I was in the No. 4 spot... the attendant unclipped me and shoved me off into the wild neon yonder.

As I proceeded down the 800 feet of cable, I began to twist and turn and was uncertain if that was supposed to happen... not that I could do anything about it. So when I arrived at THE END platform, my back was turned & I wondered how I would stop this thing... but not to worry. Trained operators were there to bring me to a screeching halt and, of course, a photographer was there to capture the moment.

THE END




















2 comments:

  1. You are a true adventurer! Never pass up a Steven-led challenge; he will keep your life interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy Crap! That. Is. Awesome! You are my hero Miss Syl!

    ReplyDelete